Pirate Party Invitations: Make or Buy
Invitations are fun to make with your kids, but if you don't have time there are
great ones to buy.
Pirate Invitations to MakeOld Scroll Invitation
Make an old looking scroll invite.
Treasure Map Invitation
X marks your house as the party spot.
Make your invitation paper look old.
Pirate Invitations to BuyLook here for great pre-made pirate invitations to Buy.
Homemade Old Parchment PaperTo make the paper for the pirate party invitation look like old tattered parchment just dab plain printer paper with a warm moist tea bag. For the best effect, dip the tea bag in warm water and squeeze out excess water until it doesn't drip. Then dab the entire piece of paper, spot by spot, until the paper is completely covered with tea stains. If there is tea pooled in spots on the paper, then dab it off with some paper towel. Lay the paper on a flat surface to dry. When it's mostly dry, flip the paper over and dab the other side with the moist tea bag, and let it dry again. As it dries, the paper will wrinkle up a bit, but don't worry about it. It just adds to the weathered look.
1. Old Scroll Pirate Party Invitation
The old scroll style pirate party invitation looks best on weathered looking parchment paper. If you don't want to buy parchment, but would like that look, it is easy to make regular computer paper look like old parchment paper for the pirate party invitations. Just click on this homemade parchment paper link to find the instructions.
Use the parchment paper that you made or bought.
- Write the birthday invitation in pirate type language on the parchment. See some sample pirate invitation text below. Or, you can print this pirate party invitation and then make the parchment directly on the printout.
- Cut the edges of the paper so that the edges are curvy and uneven.
- Lightly singe the edges of the invitation. You can do it by using a stove element, or candle, but try not to burn the invitation.
- Curl up the pirate party invitations and tie them with some string. Tattered looking string is best, but any string will do. Tie knots, not bows.
- Either write the invited guests names on the outside of the invitation scrolls, or make little tags to attach to the strings.
Ahoy, matey! If yer not a yellow bellied landlubber then ye be invited ter a thunderin grrreat pirate birthday party fer yer mate, (child's name)Where be it? _______________________________________
The plunderin begins at _________ on the date __________
Say aye or nay by givin' me parents_____________ a holler at _______________
Pirate grub n' grog included. Avast, yer'll have a rip roarin good time and pirate booty too. Arrr! See ye then.
Print The Sample InvitationIf you would rather not handwrite the pirate party invitation text on each invitation, then use this link to view the sample pirate party invitation. This sample has two invitations per page. Print the invitations on regular computer paper and then treat the paper with the tea, or print it directly onto pre-bought parchment. Then create the final pirate party invitations as described above.
2. Treasure Map Pirate Party Invitation
This treasure map style pirate party invitation looks best on weathered looking parchment paper. If you don't want to buy parchment, but would like that look, it is easy to make regular computer paper look like old parchment paper for the pirate party invitations. Just click on this homemade parchment paper link to find the instructions.To make the treasure map invitation:
- Draw a map to your house using the whole side of a piece of the parchment. Put a big X on the location of your house
- Fold a piece of the parchment in two lengthwise so that the map is on the inside(blank on the outside). Then fold it in two again along the long edge.
- On what will be the outside of the invitation write "X marks the spot"
- Open the card and on the inside write the vital party information. See sample text below.
Sample Treasure Map Invitation TextAhoy matey! Find yer way ter a treasure filled birthday party fer (child's name).
Where: X marks the spot
Don't be late, me hearties, or you'll be shark bait!
3. Pirate Party Invitations to BuyIf you aren't interested in making a fancy homemade invitation, then take a look at some very nice pirate party invitations from the following sponsors:
For more pirate birthday party theme ideas, follow these links:Pirate Party Invitations
Pirate Party Crafts
Pirate Costume Ideas
Pirate Party Snacks
Pirate Party Loot Bags
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching www.Fun-Kids-Birthday-Party-Ideas.com to find what you want.